As a Resident Ambassador, you must be 14 or older and are assisting the other staff with necessary daily tasks to help seniors. You get to engage with residents and assist with activities of daily living (ADL’s). Additionally, you get to assist with housekeeping roles, as well as meal preparation and meal times.
- Assist with ADLs according to individual care plan – toileting, showering/bathing, dressing, brushing hair, brushing teeth, skin care, nail care, shaving
- Assist with adaptive equipment – eyeglasses, hearing aids, wheelchair, walker, cane, special dinnerware, etc.
- Assist with ambulation and/or transfers
- Take vitals & weights
- Assist with engagement activities
- Housekeeping – laundry, bedroom cleaning, washing dishes, kitchen cleaning, restroom cleaning, cleaning outside grounds, sweeping and mopping, vacuuming, deep cleaning throughout home
- Prepare and serve meals
- Ensure residents are well hydrated
- Assist with prescribed exercises and or instructions
- Ensure residents are safe
- Notify house manager of any possible new health issues with residents
- Use good communication skills with all staff and managers
- Proper documentation – 24 hour log, staff communication, incident reports
- Engage with residents and assist with activities